"Your Problem."

John The Baptist's Problem:
Matt 11:3-6

Christ called John the Baptist the greatest man born of a woman
John The Baptist was sent to prepare the people for the LORD's coming. He was born to be a priest but he preferred the role of a prophet; a preacher of revival
John's preaching was not matched by any. He baptized Christ and saw the Dove descend from heaven and he heard the famous Words by God the Father; "here is my beloveth son in whom I am well pleased."

But now, John's ministry was in ruins, his world reduced to a small cell and his life a few heart beats away from King Herod's axe

Doubt and/ or impatience sets in.
1) Was he mistaken?
2) Was Jesus really the Messiah

These questions prompted him to send his disciples to Christ for answers and boy did he get them.

1) How the question was asked Verse 3
A) John as a person
-His portentous birth
-His priestly background
B) John as a preacher
-His was a solitary ministry
-His was a successful ministry
c) John a prisoner
-He was experiencing death
-He was experiencing doubt

2) How the questioned was answered verses 4-6
A) The message was preached
B) The miracles Jesus performed
-The blind: sin darkens
-The lame: Sin disables
-The Lepers: sin defiles
-The deaf: sin deafens
-The dead: sin dooms
The poor: sin despoils
But Jesus Conquers All

Blessed is he who takes no offense at me
-The word "offence" means stumbling block
Happy is he to whom I shall not prove a stumbling block
Happy is he who shall not take offense at my poverty and lowliness of life so as to reject my doctrine.
Happy is the one who can, notwithstanding that poverty and obscurity, sees the evidence that I am the Messiah and follow me.
It is possible, John was wishing Christ to publicly proclaim Himself as the Messiah but Christ reminded him that He as given him enough evidence to accept that and that Blessed is the one who accepts or embrace that evidence as accept Him as the Messiah in spite of His humble manner or life.




Reuel Nwiyoh
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in[a] Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

My Blog: www.FinancialHealthStatus.blogspot.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ambasbay" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ambasbay+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
College & Education © 2012 | Designed by