[ACEsthetics] New Post/Thread Notification: Pediatric Dentistry

Hello,

kellyk has just posted in the Pediatric Dentistry forum of ACE Dental World under the title of What exactly is a child's prophy?.

This thread is located at http://www.acedentalforum.com/forum/threads/1397-What-exactly-is-a-child-s-prophy

Here is the message that has just been posted:
***************
Last week, I brought my kids (ages 5 & 7) in for their hygiene appts. It was a 4:00 appt, so there were a bunch of other kids in there after school as well. The assistant brought us in and took bitewings of both kids, then moved us to another chair. The dentist then did their exams before anything was done. I figured they were super busy, so maybe he just jumped in to do the exams before he got tied down with another patient.

But then, an assistant flossed and then started polishing my daughter's teeth, which I was confused by, so I asked her first if she was the hygienist. She said no. I asked if anyone was going to clean her teeth before polishing, and she said with kids they basically floss, polish and apply fluoride. It took under 4 minutes. She then did the same for my son.

Is that considered a "prophy"? I feel like they've always done more than that every other time.
***************

--

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
College & Education © 2012 | Designed by