[ACEsthetics] New Post/Thread Notification: Orthodontics

Hello,

Lance Timmerman has just posted in the Orthodontics forum of ACE Dental World under the title of Monthly fee for 6 month braces?.

This thread is located at http://www.acedentalforum.com/forum/threads/1771-Monthly-fee-for-6-month-braces

Here is the message that has just been posted:
***************
More and more of my 6 month braces cases are taking closer to a year (sometimes more). Has anyone considered charging a fee for each month beyond 6 months?

I thought of this because when they come in they accept the lower fee and less time alternative and "accept" the limitations, but at month 4 or 5 they start desiring perfection. at 6 months they look great, as good as expected in 6 months, but they want "just another month". this can go on for a long time.

I think a fee gets them to decide how badly they want "perfect". It also gives me a chance to look like a generous dentist, saying "let's do month 7 and I won't charge". do that a month or two and then if I need to charge, they feel that I already gave them a deal....

or will I shoot myself in the foot?

I am finding I am not as profitable as I should be with the service. People coming in with bigger issues, harder to manage (personality) and cases taking longer... not wanting to promote the service as much as other more profitable services.....
***************

--

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
College & Education © 2012 | Designed by