RE: [MTC Global] [Introspection] Interim Boss

Sent from my Nokia phone
-----Original Message-----
From: Dr Vinod Dumblekar
Sent: 04/11/2012 2:32:16 pm
To: Prof. Bholanath Dutta
Cc: Virendra Goel
Subject: Re: [MTC Global] [Introspection] Interim Boss

You have asked two different questions.

For both 1 and 2, my task is limited to the scope of role and its tasks as limited by the authority, responsibility, or accountability.
The role is described in my appointment letter and is further shaped by regulations, communications, and other instructions from higher authority.


1. If you are made an Interim Director of your department ; How you would like to push the
things?

I will not push things: my role is temporary. I will annoy others if I push. If I try to be hero, I will become a martyr.
I cannot make new plans for the long-term; higher authority and other colleagues will not appreciated me or my plans.
My task is to hold the fort and do fire-fighting (attend to emergency issues only) till another takes charge, permanently.
(As a nightwatchman - as in cricket, my job is not to try to hit a four or six).

 
2. If
you already a Director but given exclusive power; How you would like to push the
things?
My role is larger, and could include long-term plans, only if that is the scope of my appointment letter.
Despite my title, I may not have the authority. I should not confuse the title 'Director' with 'Dictator'.

Above all, I should not push, unless I own the business.



Best wishes.
-------------------------------------------------------- 
The great aim of education is not knowledge but action. ~ Herbert Spencer

Dr Vinod Dumblekar 
MANTIS 
Management Simulation Games 
design | development | delivery 
Ph : +91.9818631280 
www.mantis.co.in


________________________________
From: Prof. Bholanath Dutta <bnath.dutta@gmail.com>
To: join_mtc@googlegroups.com
Sent: Sunday, November 4, 2012 1:53 PM
Subject: [MTC Global] [Introspection] Interim Boss


'If you are made an Interim Director of your department OR if, you already a Director but given exclusive power; How you would like to push the things?'
 
EDUCATE, EMPOWER, ELEVATE
Bholanath Dutta
Founder, President & Convener: MTC Global
Web Link: www.mtcglobal.org Email: bnath.dutta@gmail.com/president@mtcglobal.org
Cell: + 91 96323 18178
 
--
MTC GLOBAL- Educate, Empower, Elevate

--
MTC GLOBAL- Educate, Empower, Elevate

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
College & Education © 2012 | Designed by