Re: RE: [MTC Global] [Introspection] Interim Boss

Dear Sir, The question is one of leadership and using it skillfully. I would like to share the case of Mr Lyndon Johnson who was the Vice President of the USA under President John F. Kennedy. Upon the asassination of President Kennedy, Mr Lyndon Johnson became the interim President and successfully completed his tenure. He was elected to the highest office as the 36th President of the USA.
The example serves to highlight the importance of not only the continuity of the predessor's policies but also to assume responsibility of providing guidance and direction for the future.
On the other hand, Mr Gerald Ford who was also the Vice President under Mr Richard Nixon from 1973-1974 became the interim 38th President of the USA but Mr Ford believed in continuity and ended his tenure finally.
Best Regards,
K.Paranjpe

On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 15:41:04 +0530 wrote
>



Sent from my Nokia phone

-----Original Message-----

From: Dr Vinod Dumblekar

Sent: 04/11/2012 2:32:16 pm

To: Prof. Bholanath Dutta

Cc: Virendra Goel

Subject: Re: [MTC Global] [Introspection] Interim Boss



You have asked two different questions.



For both 1 and 2, my task is limited to the scope of role and its tasks as limited by the authority, responsibility, or accountability.

The role is described in my appointment letter and is further shaped by regulations, communications, and other instructions from higher authority.





1. If you are made an Interim Director of your department ;How you would like to push the

things?



I will not push things: my role is temporary. I will annoy others if I push. If I try to be hero, I will become a martyr.

I cannot make new plans for the long-term; higher authority and other colleagues will not appreciated me or my plans.

My task is to hold the fort and do fire-fighting (attend to emergency issues only) till another takes charge, permanently.

(As a nightwatchman - as in cricket, my job is not to try to hit a four or six).





2. If

you already a Director but given exclusive power; How you would like to push the

things?

My role is larger, and could include long-term plans, only if that is the scope of my appointment letter.

Despite my title, I may not have the authority. I should not confuse the title 'Director' with 'Dictator'.



Above all, I should not push, unless I own the business.







Best wishes.

--------------------------------------------------------

The great aim of education is not knowledge but action. ~ Herbert Spencer



Dr Vinod Dumblekar

MANTIS

Management Simulation Games

design | development | delivery

Ph :+91.9818631280

www.mantis.co.in





________________________________

From: Prof. Bholanath Dutta

To: join_mtc@googlegroups.com

Sent: Sunday, November 4, 2012 1:53 PM

Subject: [MTC Global] [Introspection] Interim Boss





'If you are made an Interim Director of your department OR if, you already a Director but given exclusive power; How you would like to push the things?'



EDUCATE, EMPOWER, ELEVATE

Bholanath Dutta

Founder, President & Convener: MTC Global

Web Link: www.mtcglobal.org Email: bnath.dutta@gmail.com/president@mtcglobal.org

Cell: + 91 96323 18178



--

MTC GLOBAL- Educate, Empower, Elevate



--

MTC GLOBAL- Educate, Empower, Elevate







K.D.Paranjpe
Mumbai


Catch India as it happens with the Rediff News App. To download it for FREE, click here

--
MTC GLOBAL- Educate, Empower, Elevate
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
College & Education © 2012 | Designed by