[ACEsthetics] New Post/Thread Notification: PC User's Forum

Hello,

drmikemaroon has just posted in the PC User's Forum forum of ACE Dental World under the title of CARBONITE just saved my life!.

This thread is located at http://www.acedentalforum.com/forum/threads/2151-CARBONITE-just-saved-my-life!

Here is the message that has just been posted:
***************
Holy crap! What a day! We had some ridiculous wind and storms last night and our power went out and my UPS backup got drained at the office. When I came in this morning, I wasn't able to open anything in Dentrix. Called tech support and they tried everything that they could think of and told me that my database was corrupted. Don't even know how that could have happened, but thankfully I backup my data files daily to Carbonite. I was able to download my Dentrix data files onto my server and get everything up & running again in 30 minutes. You have NO IDEA how scary it is to think that your entire business life may be shot when someone says those four damned words, "Your database is corrupted!"

With Carbonite business backup, I have enough storage for my server and all of my personal files on my private office computer. Cost for the amount of storage that I'm using is @$499/year and it's well worth every penny!!!

If you don't have a plan to backup your business data daily, you are playing some serious Russian Roulette with your business. Check out www.Carbonite.com and download their simple program and start backing up your computer each and every day. We have ours set to backup between 7:30pm and 6:15am only so that it doesn't interfere with our business day.

If this helps one person avoid losing their data, it was worth it.
***************

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ACEsthetics" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to acesthetics+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to acesthetics@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/acesthetics?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
College & Education © 2012 | Designed by