Re: [ACEsthetics] New patient with bilateral TMJ surgery 16 yrs ago

David. I have known Fred a long time. Nm is not anything new to me. If I feel there is a need. I will do so. Right now it is still a diagnostic phase. No decisions on tx. Keep yall psoted.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

From: "David R. Boag, DDS" <spikedds@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 07:58:19 -0400
To: arunnayyardmd@gmail.com<arunnayyardmd@gmail.com>
Cc: safariandmd@aim.com<safariandmd@aim.com>; Ace<ACEsthetics@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [ACEsthetics] New patient with bilateral TMJ surgery 16 yrs ago

P.S. I might recommend Fred Abeles for help with the NM therapy. He has helped me with more than one patient, and I have no regrets. Again, no disrespect intended toward you, my friend. On the contrary, all the respect in the world. Remember, I am NOT NM-trained, so I've not drunk any Kool-Aid. You might consider at least talking to him.

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 4, 2013, at 1:11 AM, "David R. Boag, DDS" <spikedds@gmail.com> wrote:

My $.02:

This sounds to me like a case best managed with an NM approach, Arun. Traditional, or "CR", or whatever you want to call it, it a hard-tissue-foundational approach. But what do you do me when that foundation is ripped out? Find an established foundation that remains. The muscles seem to be a reasonable alternative, and I cannot think of a better one that doesn't involve "guessing."

I realize that your vast experience might make your guesses a bit more guided than the average practitioner, but I think we would agree on principle that foundational to success is to attempt to discover or reveal a reference point which one can build upon the achieve it. In my mind, the muscles would seem to be the most logical choice of what remains.

As something further to chew on, I know that Bill Hang has had a lot of success with Wolford in Dallas with condylar replacement/reconstructive surgeries when the time comes. You might want to consider speaking with one or both of them when the time comes. But if it were me, I'd strongly consider letting Fred Abeles have a look at this patient and see if he might not be able to help you establish a comfortable foundation from which to work.

Just my thoughts.

DRB

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 3, 2013, at 11:14 PM, ARUN NAYYAR <arunnayyardmd@gmail.com> wrote:

Respect your comment. 
NM is a good platform to work with,  
Known Bill since he started adopting the methodology and others before him
 
 I have had  considerable success with TMJ management with more traditional techniques and they work well,  
 
Several  of my former students are very succesful users of NM technics  Nelson Clements leads the rat pack!
 
Arun.


On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 10:52 PM, <safariandmd@aim.com> wrote:
Arun with NM we let the muscles guide and that would be my suggestion. EMG's are a big help.

Shahin Safarian DMD, MBA, LVIF | Irresistible Smiles
Carmel Valley/Del Mar 858.755.8993 | Chula Vista/Eastlake 619.656.6785
WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | LINKEDIN | YOUTUBE | THEBATTLEGUARD



-----Original Message-----
From: arunnayyardmd@gmail.com
To: Ace
Sent: Mon, Jun 3, 2013 2:26 pm
Subject: [ACEsthetics] New patient with bilateral TMJ surgery 16 yrs ago

Hi Friends
 
New referral   46yr old female, bilateral condylectomies 16 yrs ago.  Had endo 6m ago and restorative.... long appt.  Now she has pain in her muscles and is blaiming her Dentist caused it by keeping her mouth open a long time.
 
SO all the occlusodontists here..  how would you manage this patient.??
 
I will appreciate your guidance

Arun

--
 

Arun Nayyar DMD,MS.  Atlanta, Georgia

 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ACEsthetics" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to acesthetics+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to acesthetics@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/acesthetics?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 



--
 

Arun Nayyar DMD,MS.  Atlanta, Georgia

Private practice limited to Prosthodontics -   Imagix Dental Group

Former Director of Fixed Prosthodontics -     MCG School of Dentistry

Principle Research Scientist ( Adjunct )       @  GaTech -GTRI

Clinical Director -     Center for Dental Technology @ GaTech - GTRI

 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ACEsthetics" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to acesthetics+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to acesthetics@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/acesthetics?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
College & Education © 2012 | Designed by