RE: [ACEsthetics] never saw a nice one..ever!

After reading this post and giving this some thought, I would say, Yep!   There are a few out there that can make that machine sing and most often, you will learn that they are at the level of a ceramist (James Klim) etc.  I use the technology every day but do so in the hands of a good Cad Cam lab. such as Dental Masters Lab.  www.dentalmasters.com  

 

Cheers!  WS

 

 

Wayne Sutton, DDS,FACE,FAGD,FDOCS,FADIA

1330 Medical Center Dr.  Suite #1

Rohnert Park, CA  94928

 

707-585-2555 (office)

707-585-3704 (fax)

707-249-6714 (cell)

 

www.SonomaSmiles.com

 

From: acesthetics@googlegroups.com [mailto:acesthetics@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Dr. Ray Voller
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2013 9:44 AM
To: acesthetics@googlegroups.com
Subject: [ACEsthetics] never saw a nice one..ever!

 

Just saw a new patient who had 8 CADCAM designed upper anterior crowns and veneers. He was referred to me by my periodontist because he fractured off one of them. (#7)
I will say this.
I have not yet seen a nice CADCAM designed restoration. Either it is non very esthetic or I see them to replace them because of fracture. I know that some of you on here have success with these, but I'm sorry. I just don't see any ever that are nice or aren't a problem functionally. Anatomy, always poopy, as one dentist said 'They look like wads of snot!'
This patient this morning told me almost everyone he's had, has failed at least once and none have lasted more than one year. HOW CAN DENTISTS STAY IN BUSINESS with these types of repeated failures? (I ended up building him a composite temporary crown via free-handing/sculpting it, locking it in interproximally because he was in a hurry and I didn't even cement it. It's just shrink wrapped on. I had no matrix, no nothing..I just blobbed on some composite, and he told me it looks better than any of the pre-existing porcelain 'one hour deals' he's ever had.) I think it looks like a well made CADCAM crown! UG!
SO, the CADCAM restorations fit decent on the margins in the hands of a skilled operator, but the bad name created by the operators who DON'T know how to use their respective machines, are KILLING the reputation of the better ones. It's just like anyone or anything else, I know. Depends upon the skill. But these machines need to be continually cutting restorations to pay for themselves and unless I see something on the horizon that looks more like a well-crafted, hand done restoration by one of my labs, I'm NOT sold on them.
I'm going to get the book thrown at me perhaps because of this post, but I'm just being brutally honest.
SHOW me some nice ones that have been in the mouth for several years. Maybe then I'll be convinced but until then, I'll continue to send my work to the best labs I can find and have things constructed the ol' fashioned way

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ACEsthetics" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to acesthetics+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to acesthetics@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/acesthetics.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
College & Education © 2012 | Designed by