[MTC Global] [ Around the Wrold] Clashes with police as sex education protesters attacked in Germany

Sex education is a controversial issue not only in India but in most developed nation too……………

 

Some 150 Hamburg residents protesting against ‘early sexualization’ in German schools were pelted with bottles, firecrackers and snowballs by counter-demonstrators. Holding placards with slogans such as “Stay away from our children” and “Kindergarten is not a swingers club” the Concerned Parents (“Besorgte Eltern”), as the group calls itself, had to be guarded by police on all sides as they marched through the northern German city.

 

Sex education has been taught in (then-West) Germany since the 1970s, and is compulsory in all schools. Since psychologists believe the initial peak of children’s curiosity about sex comes between the ages of three and six, there are also extensive program to teach pre-school children. 

Both the extent and the nature of such education have become hot points of contention. In 2013 a scandal broke out in a pre-school in Berlin’s trendy Kreuzberg district, after it emerged it was using a book called “Where do you come from?” (“Wo kommst du her?”), detailing the relationship between a fictional cartoon couple Lars and Lisa. 

 

 

 

 

Educate, Empower, Elevate

Prof. Bholanath Dutta

Founder, Convener & President

www.mtcglobal.org  I www.mtcglobalaward.org I www.knowledgecafe.org I

www.theglobepost.in I Cell: +91 96323 18178 I +91 81520 60465 I +91 7411716392

Email: president@mtcglobal.org I president@mtcglobalaward.org I

president@knowledgecafe.org I ISO 9001: 2008 I  United Nations Global Compact

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
College & Education © 2012 | Designed by