[MTC Global] Difficulties in Bilingual Education in India--ASER-2014 Report

ASER-2014, Report also emphasises on bilingual education at the primary level.

"Learning in mother tongue increases the learning outcome. This issue is being debated in India since decades with education activists and psychologists voicing their support for mother tongue education; but no proper policy has been chalked out yet though law makers and political leaders have been casually referring to it. On mother tongue issue, opinion is divided. Tawde supports primary education in mother tongue. In fact, he insists that history, geography and social sciences must be taught in the mother tongue only," says a principal of a government school in Mumbai. "However, there is a difficulty in teaching in mother tongue in a cosmopolis like Mumbai, where 70 percent are non-Marathi speakers."

Admitting that early education in mother tongue helps, Lambe too doubts the effectiveness of the mother tongue formula in a country like India where dialects change every 100 km. "Children of Nandurbar are not able to comprehend the kind of Marathi our textbooks have. Same is true for other languages," she says.

 

 

Best Regards,

Educate, Empower, Elevate

Prof. Bholanath Dutta

Founder, Convener & President- MTC Global

An Apex Global Advisory Body in Management Education

www.mtcglobal.org  I www.mtcglobalaward.org I www.knowledgecafe.org I

www.theglobepost.in I www.mtcgli.net

Cell: +91 96323 18178 I +91 81520 60465 I +91 7411716392

Email: president@mtcglobal.org I president@mtcglobalaward.org I director@mtcgli.net

president@knowledgecafe.org I ISO 9001: 2008 I  United Nations Global Compact

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
College & Education © 2012 | Designed by