Re: [MTC Global] MBA faculty Criteria

ON behalf of those from before 2009.....

I have been following this discussion closely.
What members on this forum don't realize is that there is more to pHd and MBA game.

I did my MBA when there where only four IIMs (if I am not wrong with 60 seats each in 1997) and a handful of universities which offered an MBA program.

Very few MBA graduates at that time opted for teaching.

I was one of the very few who did. Not any degree holder or a diploma but a pure MBA degree holder. Every body told me it was a wrong decision.

Anyway as career progressed..I knew I needed to PHD to keep growing or else I would be superseded..no matter I had more experience.

Getting a PHD was so tough...I bided my time I wanted a PhD in management...and finally I did.

When I applied I was told..your phd is recent you are not allegible for this you are not elligible for that...irrelvant is that fact that I have more richer experience..greater dexterity than any of my younger colleagues.

When I got experience post PHd I was told your MBA and pHD isn't from IITs and IIMs...that is so hilarious....

How do I explain such people with such a short memory span that there weren't many IIMs at my time and when I registered for PHD very few universities offered phd in management.

So all the rules are for faculty like me....get an MBA ...ok get a PHD...get research papers....get post phd experience....(pre PHD is not relevant any more...)

And last of all get UGC NET....otherwise you are not elligible.

Just because new commers can't get a job...doesn't mean...those with experience can be pulled down to their levels..whether they are from IIMs and IITs or any other institution
Because people like me chose teaching line when there were ample amount of opportunites...in private..and in industry.

Someone should take this to court...and demand apply new rules to new faculty members.
And leave the seniors alone..enough of this harrassement and humiliation

Thanks and regards

--
MTC GLOBAL- Educate, Empower, Elevate
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Management Teachers Consortium, Global" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to join_mtc+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
College & Education © 2012 | Designed by