Re: [MTC Global] MBA faculty Criteria

The teachers coming from the distance mode handle students in distance mode and their lack of appropriate industry experience give a different shade altogether. the final product - the MBA churned out is a disaster both for the person and for the industry. i request a proper rsearch to be conducted on the gap in getting the employment by such MBAs and their productivity.


at the same time, i have seen very good teachers also with distance MBA doing a good job as they have good industry exposure.

M V Monica

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 11:15 AM, Virendra Goel <goel.virendra@gmail.com> wrote:

'Lastly let me mention that right to speak is appreciated, but I understand this forum is made for exchanging healthy and big ideas. Statement resulting in a feeling of humiliation and harassment among the persons (irrespective of being senior or junior) with whom we are having almost daily communications, certainly goes against its spirit.'

 

Thank you Dr. Biswas for pointing out our own shortcoming. I believe reason for this situation is lack of exposure, experience, universalization of one's own experience coupled with myopic view and limited vocabulary of the individual. But good thing is that our seniors do intervene when discussion seem to be going off the track. My own feeling is that we have come a long way in quality of our exchange in comparison to when we started and I am sure that we as a group will mature over the period. Important is that seniors like you should remain active on the group.

 

Regards

Virendra Goel

 

 

 

From: join_mtc@googlegroups.com [mailto:join_mtc@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of supriya biswas
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2015 10:47 AM
To: join_mtc@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: [MTC Global] MBA faculty Criteria

 

Thanks Padma Madam for your views. I know the troubles one had to take for a PhD when facilities were abysmally limited and thereafter the hurdles one has to scale for getting into academics, even its by choice.

 

I recall the painstaking effort that I had to take for doing PhD in Business Management from Calcutta University way back in 1992 when Internet was not there at door's step, computers were very expensive items to possess, hardly very few books were available on research methodology, journals were available only in places like British and American Library. IIM's journal were very difficult to get at that point of time.

 

I was lucky that my guide, Dr K K Chaudhuri (former director of Army Institute of Management) was very helpful and supported to me to achieve my goal.

 

I did my MBA and PhD for self development and it was encouraged by the company I served. But I also made it a point that I would switch to academics because deep down my mind I felt I would do better as an academician. In between my project career, I spent almost 3 years in our in-house education and training department where I had to train mostly corporate staff that included even IAS officers. But on company's demand, I was brought back to projects which also had a great deal of learning experience. However, to our critic's disappointment, I was fully into the B School teaching from Jul 2013 post my retirement.

 

Till date I have been enjoying my moments with fellow young colleagues and even younger students. Sometimes, I share my experience of my corporate career, interactions/working with people who are legends by their own rights. For example, while in World Health Orgn as their team member of small pox eradication program, I had interactions with Dr Larry Brilliant who later became a board member of Google Inc, worked closely with Rathin Ray of CMC who is the chief architect of Indian Railways passenger reservation system and India's first computerized core general insurance system and many more such people who are my role models.

Lastly let me mention that right to speak is appreciated, but I understand this forum is made for exchanging healthy and big ideas. Statement resulting in a feeling of humiliation and harassment among the persons (irrespective of being senior or junior) with whom we are having almost daily communications, certainly goes against its spirit. 

 

Best regards

Dr Biswas/Kolkata


Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 19:55:15 +0530
Subject: Re: [MTC Global] MBA faculty Criteria
From: misrapadma@gmail.com
To: join_mtc@googlegroups.com

ON behalf of those from before 2009.....
I have been following this discussion closely.
What members on this forum don't realize is that there is more to pHd and MBA game.
I did my MBA when there where only four IIMs (if I am not wrong with 60 seats each in 1997) and a handful of universities which offered an MBA program.
Very few MBA graduates at that time opted for teaching.
I was one of the very few who did. Not any degree holder or a diploma but a pure MBA degree holder. Every body told me it was a wrong decision.
Anyway as career progressed..I knew I needed to PHD to keep growing or else I would be superseded..no matter I had more experience.
Getting a PHD was so tough...I bided my time I wanted a PhD in management...and finally I did.
When I applied I was told..your phd is recent you are not allegible for this you are not elligible for that...irrelvant is that fact that I have more richer experience..greater dexterity than any of my younger colleagues.
When I got experience post PHd I was told your MBA and pHD isn't from IITs and IIMs...that is so hilarious....
How do I explain such people with such a short memory span that there weren't many IIMs at my time and when I registered for PHD very few universities offered phd in management.
So all the rules are for faculty like me....get an MBA ...ok get a PHD...get research papers....get post phd experience....(pre PHD is not relevant any more...)
And last of all get UGC NET....otherwise you are not elligible.
Just because new commers can't get a job...doesn't mean...those with experience can be pulled down to their levels..whether they are from IIMs and IITs or any other institution
Because people like me chose teaching line when there were ample amount of opportunites...in private..and in industry.
Someone should take this to court...and demand apply new rules to new faculty members.
And leave the seniors alone..enough of this harrassement and humiliation

Thanks and regards


--
MTC GLOBAL- Educate, Empower, Elevate
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Management Teachers Consortium, Global" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to join_mtc+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
MTC GLOBAL- Educate, Empower, Elevate
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Management Teachers Consortium, Global" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to join_mtc+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
MTC GLOBAL- Educate, Empower, Elevate
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Management Teachers Consortium, Global" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to join_mtc+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.



--

--
MTC GLOBAL- Educate, Empower, Elevate
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Management Teachers Consortium, Global" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to join_mtc+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
College & Education © 2012 | Designed by