[MTC Global] [Discussion] Access to good education depends increasingly on Income, Eduation and Wealth of one's parents

Access to good education depends increasingly on the income, education and wealth of one’s parents.” This is true at both school and college level in USA. Access to elite institutions is stratified sharply by social group. In the Tier 1 private universities in the US, 64% of students come from families earning in the top 10%. According to the Dean of Admissions at Yale, only 5% of American families can pay the full sticker price. Many poor students don’t get to the starting gate for entry into elite institutions. Recent research by Caroline Hoxby and Christopher Avery shows that the vast majority of low-income high achievers do not apply to any selective college.

 

In India too [being welfare economy] studying in Doon International School or Indian School of Business a costly affair. Leaving few scholarship/sponsored students, wards of elite Indian facilities can only afford to study in top schools overseas.

 

Is this the death of equal opportunity era?

 

Best Regards,

Educate, Empower, Elevate

Prof. Bholanath Dutta

Founder, Convener & President- MTC Global

An Apex Global Advisory Body in Management Education

www.mtcglobal.org  I www.mtcglobalaward.org I www.knowledge-cafe.org I

www.theglobepost.in I www.mtcgli.net

Cell: +91 96323 18178 I +91 81520 60465 I +91 7411716392

Email: president@mtcglobal.org I president@mtcglobalaward.org I director@mtcgli.net

president@knowledge-cafe.org I ISO 9001: 2008 I  United Nations Global Compact

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
College & Education © 2012 | Designed by